B.Sc.CSIT (4 years / 8 semesters) refers Bachelor of Science – Computer Science and Information Technology. The objective of B.Sc.CSIT program at Lumbini ICT College is to offer intensive courses to meet in the theory, design, programming and applications of computers. The graduate from this program will be equipped with necessary knowledge of computer software system and functional knowledge of hardware system. The program equally focuses on service courses to meet the need of high technology application like- Operating System, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Simulation and Modeling, Database System, Computer Graphics, Artificial Intelligence, Web Technologies.
CSIT is special for IT Aspirants
In this 21st century, computing technology plays an increasingly importance role is every aspects of the society. CSIT provides students with an understanding of fundamental computer science concept coupled with applied information technology skill to prepare them for careers in computing technology industries. The CSIT major offers a unique blend of computer science theory and information technology practice. Students in this program begin their education by taking a set of common core courses to establish second foundation of computer science and information technology. The students then build upon this foundation by selecting software engineering, networking and security database management system as their concentration. Throughout the program students learn fundamental computing and IT concepts and apply their knowledge to solve real world problems. In addition to their computer science skill and abilities students’ gain on understating of the human side of computing, the social, ethical and global issues related to technology and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively through project based course book.
- New course design meeting the global ICT changes and updated curriculum contents.
- In addition to conventional lectures, a great deal of practical and project works.
- Develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied to solve real world problems.
- Builds up the skills that are essential for both computer professionals and researchers including Software developers, Computer systems analysts, Network administrators, Computer programmers, Database administrators, Web developers, IT managers, etc.
- Semester based program of Tribhuvan University having international bilateral relations.
Eligibility to Study
- Should have successfully passed the entrance examination conducted by TU securing at least 35% marks.
- Should have successfully completed a twelve year of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
- Should have secured a minimum of second division in the 10+2 or equivalent.
- Compiled with all the application procedures.
- All three: Biology, Physical and Computer group students of +2 level are eligible to apply for the course.
The B.Sc. CSIT curriculum is designed by closely following the course practiced in accredited international universities and institutions, subject to the condition that the intake students are from twelve year of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university recognized by Tribhuvan University. In addition to the core computer science course and elective courses, the program offers service course to meet the need of high technology applications. The foundation and allied courses are designed to meet the need of undergraduate academic program requirements, and the service course are designed to meet the need of market demand and fast changing computer technology and application. Students enrolled in the four year B.Sc. CSIT program are required to take courses in design and implementations of computer software systems, information technology and foundation of the theoretical model of computer science and functional background of computer hardware. All students are required to complete a minimum of 126 credit hours of computer science and allied courses.
B.Sc. CSIT program comprises of the following courses
|Computer Science Core Courses||75|
|Computer Science Elective Courses||15|
|Internship and Project||9|
|Natural Science Elective Courses||6|
|Social Science & Management Courses||6|
|Total Credit Hours||126|
The score of the students is evaluated on the basis of the percentage secured in the semester exam. The grading system is maintained on the foundation of the percentage secured and is accompanied as follows:
- Distinction: 80% and above.
- First Division: 70% and above.
- Second Division: 55% and above.
- To Pass: At least 40% of the marks must be secured.
B.Sc. CSIT graduates have a prosperous career opportunity at different software publishing firms, scientific research and development organizations, government and non-government institutions, private and public organizations, telecommunications, computer networking companies etc. where they design and implement software, develop theories to evolve new technologies, build effective ways to solve computing problems and many more especially as:
- Artificial Intelligence Specialists
- Computer System Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Document Specialists
- Ergonomics Program Designers
- Information Security Analysts
- Information System Auditors
- Information System Managers
- IT Managers/Officers
- Network Administrators
- Project Managers
- Software Developers
- Technical Writers
- Web Developers